Monday, November 3, 2008

Overheard conversation

Okay I am starting to wonder if I was born during the wrong generation. I overheard a conversation today and all I can say is OMG!!! This guy is 50 years old and he was telling some of my coworkers that he was dating a 26 year old!! Maybe I am just old fashion but that is disgusting. It took everything out of me to hold in from throwing up. Is it just me but is that completely wrong. I am one that thinks wow that is like dating my dad.

I did the whole freak out thing and everyone just laughed at me. They said age is only a number and there is nothing wrong with it. Maybe it's just me but I do think there is something wrong. I just want to hear what everyone else's opinion is about this? Tell me if you think this is okay or if you think this is completely wrong and why. Can't wait to hear everyone's voice on this.

3 What did you say?:

Mandi Ward said...

I'm with you that is disgusting and it's even way worse when it is a older lady with a younger guy. Why would you want to date someone that is old enough to be your parent? Yuck!

Hayley said...

Gross! Now remember Trav and I are 6 years apart....but still, this is just wrong!

Evelyn said...

I don't get this at ALL either. How do you look at someone who is more than 10 years older than you and find yourself ATTRACTED? It's just like you said.... they're more like father figures than anything. Blah.